A zen Story

This is my first post in this blog, so i thought let me start with some good self motivational and inspiration zen stories before get into .net programming :-)

you would have read many stories, but the following are most inspired me.
Hope you also like it.

Time To Learn
=============

A young but earnest Zen student approached his teacher, and asked the Zen Master:
"If I work very hard and diligent how long will it take for me to find Zen."
The Master thought about this, then replied, "Ten years."
The student then said, "But what if I work very, very hard and really apply myself to learn fast -- How long then ?"
Replied the Master, "Well, twenty years."
"But, if I really, really work at it. How long then ?" asked the student.
"Thirty years," replied the Master.
"But, I do not understand," said the disappointed student. "At each time that I say I will work harder, you say it will take me longer. Why do you say that ?"
Replied the Master," When you have one eye on the goal, you only have one eye on the path."

A cup of tea
============
Nan-in, a Japanese master during the Meiji era (1868-1912), received a university professor who came to inquire about Zen.
Nan-in served tea. He poured his visitor's cup full, and then kept on pouring.
The professor watched the overflow until he no longer could restrain himself. "It is overfull. No more will go in!"
"Like this cup," Nan-in said, "you are full of your own opinions and speculations. How can I show you Zen unless you first empty your cup?"


Good is n't it ?? :-)

Catch you in next post.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

C# Data types

Checking Overflow in C#

Exam 70-486 : Developing ASP.NET MVC Web Applications